Do you have blocked drains?
- Does your toilet gurgle when you flush it?
- Is your basin emptying slowly?
- Does your kitchen sink hold water when you have pulled the plug?
- Does the floor waste in your shower not keep up with the flow of water?
- Does your bath take ages to drain away?
- Is there evidence of an overflow either in the house or outside?
- Are your gutters overflowing?
- Are your storm water pits full and not running away?
- Do you have bad smells coming from any of your plumbing fixtures?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you may have a blocked drain.
For best Plumber Northern Beaches, Call us now!
What can cause a blocked drain?
There are many different things that can cause your drains to become blocked. They all need to be approached differently to be effectively cleared and resolved. Here are a few of the common blockages we come across:
- Tree roots – in Sydney, particularly on the Northern Beaches, we live in a very green area. Tree roots can achieve a radius of between 2.5 and 5 times the height of the tree. So for a 10 meter high tree, the roots could travel up to 50 meters!
- Built up grease from fats and oils that have solidified when washed down
- Build up of sand and leaves constantly washing into storm water pits and pipes
- Foreign objects like children’s toys, toilet bowl deodorizers that travel through the drainage system and get caught on bends, fittings or burrs in the pipe
- Paper build up, if the pipes have insufficient fall, the water drains away slowly leaving behind the paper and waste which solidifies
- Collapsed and broken pipes caused by vehicular traffic, recent excavation or roots from big trees.